Join Our Team
Interested in joining the RP Team? Our employees share a passion for customer care, an attention to detail, and an ongoing desire to inspire and help dancers reach their goals and dreams. Our ethos is collaborative; fast-paced and results-oriented; forward-thinking and creative; and genuinely concerned with the needs and preferences of our clientele.
Our mission is to provide a collection of elegant dance products that inspire dancers and enable them to be “Ready to Perform.”
Interested in joining our team?
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Outside Sales Specialist
RP is a premier brand of high-quality products for dancers, based in Chicago and serving clientele worldwide. The company has an outstanding 24-year record of consistent quality, service and growth, and we are a leader in e-commerce. Our anchor products are exquisite, high-performance shoes for dancers, which have inspired an extremely loyal following, and we also offer a broad range of apparel and accessories as well. RP is renowned for our unique quality of customer care, with outstanding personal attention, responsiveness and educational outreach. Our ethos is collaborative; fast-paced and results-oriented; forward-thinking and creative; and genuinely concerned with the needs and preferences of our clientele.
Position Summary: Each Outside Sales Specialist will maintain and develop relationships with clientele in their territory; promote existing and new products; collaborate with RP departments including marketing and product development; attend and help coordinate marketing events and activities; and adhere to the company’s goals, objectives and ethos.
The position will be based in our Chicago, corporate office, with travel as needed for events and sales trips in the United States.
Outside Sales Specialists receive salary plus benefits, and opportunities for professional growth in a highly successful, growing company.
The Outside Sales Specialist will be highly motivated and responsible; eager to consider the company’s success as his or her own; genuinely interested in people and in the company’s products; polite, poised, creative and articulate; and a current or former dancer with previous sales experience.
Responsibilities and Goals:
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with existing accounts, which are primarily dance stores.
- Develop new accounts: qualifying those accounts based on location, sales potential and growth.
- Create and maintain new relationships with all levels of clientele, including dance schools, dance companies and individual dancers.
- Provide product training to accounts in territory, during regular contact as well as hosting trunk shows and seminars.
- Represent the company at trade shows, dance competitions and other events.
- Participate actively in the company’s goals and objectives, through collaboration with other team members, including:
- Identification of potential customers and customer demands
- - Awareness of competing products and trends
- - Product development (including sourcing, pricing, launching)
- - Analysis of market trends and opportunities to increase market share
- - Marketing initiatives including social media, web and print outreach, and other programs
- Develop and maintain database of qualified leads, through referral, telephone canvassing, in-person cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking within existing client base.
- Source, coordinate and participate in or solely conduct marketing events such as retailer visits, trade shows, trunk shows and seminars.
- Prepare status reports, presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Regularly travel within territory, including coordination of travel and client visits.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience
- Dance experience (REQUIRED), with experience in or strong knowledge of pointework and/or pointe shoes (strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (REQUIRED)
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Poised, polite and professional attitude and self-presentation, with demonstrated ability to carry on a pleasant and results-oriented business conversation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Excellence in teamwork, plus proven capability to think creatively, take initiative and work independently
Please submit a cover letter explaining your background, qualifications, reasons why you are the ideal candidate for this position and noting your ability to travel as well as your salary expectations. Cover letter and resume may be emailed to email@example.com.